You’re running Google Ads and of course, you want your ads to be as profitable as possible. But your targeting may not be well-optimized, so you’re leaving profits on the table.
Today’s article on Google Ads Geo Targeting For Benefits what geo targeting ads are and how these can help with your campaigns to be successful.
Watch the video version of this article below:
Google Ads Geo Targeting For BENEFITS
What are geo targeting ads?
Geo targeting ads in Google allows you to run ads in the geographic locations that you choose. This can be areas within a country, a radius around a specified location, location groups that can include places of interest. Your business location, or tiered demographics.
The geo targeting feature in Google Ads helps you focus on the areas where your business will be most beneficial. This allows you to target the right customers in the right locations and at the same filter customers in areas where your business is not operating.
7 Google Ads geo targeting features you should start using
- It allows you to select specific locations where you want your ad to be shown.
- It provides you to specify the right locations where you want to target your market. You can set locations within a country, set a radius around a location, or within your Google My Business locations.
- It allows you to exclude locations as well. This is helpful if you do not want your ads to show in some areas or regions.
- It allows you to add interests to your geo targeted locations.
- It allows you to focus your advertising only on areas where your target customers are based on proximity and from intent to buy.
- It allows you to target a minimum of 1k people for audience size to allow your ad to be seen by a good number of potential buyers.
- You can target more people using geo targeting ads for near me, which are growing exponentially as over 70% of searches are now on mobile.
In addition to #7 benefit, the “near me” searches signal that these people are ready to buy. To give you an idea, here are some stats on the growth of near me search terms:
- 150% growth in “__ near me now” searches on mobile
- 900% growth in “__ near me today” searches on mobile
- 200% growth in “open” + “now” + “near me” queries on mobile
So, what dos all these mean for you? Your campaign profitability largely depends on your geo targeting ads and your potential to put your ads only in the areas where you want them to be. How do you do that? Let me show you.
How to set-up geo targeting in Google Ads
Once you have clicked the create ads in Google Ads dashboard, you fill in the needed information until you get to the part where you set-up your audiences under the ‘Targeting and audiences’ section.
Click the dropdown arrow to open your option and setup your target locations:
In this section, click the ‘Location options’ dropdown and you should see the ‘Target’ section that you can set your inclusions and exclusions locations:
Setting your location options will properly target all the people who have a strong intent of buying from you, even if the person is outside your coverage since there are options that you can set in Google location targeting for this type of audience.
Once that is set, you click the ‘Advanced search’ section:
This is where you can laser target your audiences’ location based on two options: location and radius.
In the location option on the same page, you can set a specific location where you can have more options- target, exclude, and nearby.
The Google Ads geo targeting feature is a great feature that I highly suggest you use when you run your ads. This helps all advertisers, especially small business owners, or those who have a tight budget on ads to avoid overspending. By using geo targeting, it helps you keep your ads budget to a minimum since you are only targeting very specific people.