Some of the key benefits to know about this program are:
- Customers trust Google. Google as a trusted company, who guarantees customers of the services offered in their ads, will have a benefit to you as a service business owner. That customers will trust you when you appear on Google local services ads.
- Your ads show up at the right time to the right people searching for a local service company.
- You only pay for results as this is pay per lead program.
- You can set a budget cap and later increase or decrease your budget for the ads.
Watch the video version of this article below:
Local Services By Google Ads
What are the businesses allowed in the Local Service by Google?
I’m often asked about what businesses are allowed to participate in Local services by Google. These are the services businesses at are allowed:
Frequently asked questions about Local Services by Google Ads:
What is Local Services By Google Ads?
This program helps you gain new local jobs by serving well-placed ads when potential customers search for your services.
Google makes it simple for you to control your budget, to let customers get in touch with you, and to leave your company reviews.
How do Local Services by Google Ads work?
Local Services ads make it easy for customers in your area to find and connect directly with your business. Google filters results based on the services that you offer.
When a customer selects your business, they can simply click your ad and connect with you either by phone or by sending you a direct message request (US based only), which you can review on email or with the Local Services app.
If a customer used your Local Services ad to hire you and the job is complete, they are then encouraged to leave a review. These verified reviews are posted on your provider profile to encourage other potential customers to book your services with confidence.
What is the Google Guarantee?
When you sign up for Local Services ads, you automatically become a Google Guaranteed business.
The Google Guarantee helps you build a strong reputation online, giving potential customers peace of mind that you have been vetted and approved by Google.
If a customer is unhappy with the quality of your work, Google may refund up to the amount paid for jobs booked through Local Services for up to $2,000.
How much do Local Services by Google ads cost?
You set your budget based on the number of leads you want. The exact cost of your ad is determined by your location and your industry.
What are the qualifications to advertise on the program?
- Your business must be licensed and insured.
- You’ll complete background checks on your business and on you as a business owner.
- You must have good reviews. If you need help getting your reviews up, I suggest using software like reputationadvantage.com to help get more of your happy customers to leave you a review.
Why run your ads on Local Services by Google?
- As mentioned, this is a pay per lead program, not pay per click
- Since Google sends customers a review reminder, you get more reviews overtime using this program.
- Your ads are displayed on prime real estate, which is at the very top of Google search results.
- You get refunded for unqualified leads
I hope this article has enlightened you to start getting your local services up on Google. This is a great service by Google, where local services companies, especially those who are just starting to grow their businesses online, compete with the large companies in the same industry. Good luck!